Sunday, August 21, 2016

Everything Is Growing!

Everything is growing for sure.  It seems like just yesterday that we were filling these garden beds with soil, and now look at them.  Tomatoes and cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash are growing gang busters.  But, so are the flowers and banana trees.  The yard looks great.  I couldn't have asked for more.  At this point, it was just a matter of waiting for the veggies to produce and the flowers to continue to bloom and look beautiful.


 Plants and flowers in the front yard and on the
decks are really growing and blooming.  The banana tree below is finally making some progress, and I swear, you can almost see this thing grow.  What a fascinating plant!
To the left is our Peace Rose.  It is nothing short of spectacular!  To the right is our Clematis.  It is growing gangbusters.


 Green beans to the left and cucumbers to the right. Tomatoes are just below.   I can't believe how green and lush they look.  It's just a joy to come home from work every night and admire these beauties.



 My puny little rhubarb is on the left.  It took me awhile to find rhubarb to plant.  It's a bit behind, but I'm hoping it will take off an grow gangbusters.  I love rhubarb sauce.

More tomatoes to the right and strawberries below.  We've had a couple of nice red berries, but the birds keep beating me to them.  We will need to devise a plan to keep the birds out of the garden.


On the left is a new variety of Hosta that we planted in the front yard.  He's a cute little thing.  I hope he will be around for years to come.  On the right is a view of the garden from the back deck.  Eddie and I are feeling pretty accomplished right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment